Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Here we go again...

I don't know Lou Dobbs, even by reputation. He is on CNN, but I don't really normally watch his program, so I will withhold comment as to which side of the fence he sits. I don't even care, whether we agree on issues or not, he is entitled to his opinion, what ever it is. BUT, what I don't understand is why a person with a newsprogram would go out of his way to give Canada a pass on terrorism, specifically the 9/11 hijackers, and not balance with mention of the Ahmed Ressam the terrorist caught coming from Canada in 1999 with explosives in his car. Tonight he had the Ambassador from Canada on his show and made sure to mention that the 9/11 hijackers did not come from Canada, but failed to mention Ressam. He went on to say how much he loved Canada as a neighbor, over and over again. I like Canada too, but give me a break, the terrorism links to Canada are well known and established. Don't misunderstand, it is not the people from Canada, it is the lax immigration policy that they have had for years and the people they let in. They may sneak across our borders, but Canada welcomes them with open arms. Mr. Dobbs, you are either behind the curve or maybe just spinning it the way you want.

BT