Sunday, September 04, 2005

Just a Sample...

If you recall, I told you what Bush's legacy was going to be and it had to do with keeping the economy going after 9/11. There will be another addition to his legacy, but I will save it for later. During the legacy posting, I gave a few examples of what could have happened to the country if the economy had gone down the tubes.

There is a current example of what things can descend to ongoing. Take a look at New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina. Immediately there were claims of racial discrimination in that most of the people who stayed were Black. Help wasn't coming soon enough, so criminal behavior became rampant. I don't mean taking food to survive, I mean stealing non-essential items for gain. Shooting at incoming emergency responders. Even away from the area, the gouging gas prices for no just cause, just more stealing.

This is just a small example of what will happen if our economy collapses. There will be no harmony, no peace, just surviving... if you can. Bush's administration saved the economy and
a hell of a lot more than that. If you doubt it, head on down to New Orleans. I have already volunteered...