Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Anniversary....

Well Folks,
It has been a year since I started this blog and I hope that it has opened some eyes as to the challenges faced in protecting this nation at it's borders. I can honestly say that there are some great people out there doing the job and I can honestly say that it is real hard keeping them from going to other agencies that offer them better pay, benefits, and retirement.

Like I have always said, if the damn burros (bureaucrats) would get out of the way, we could do alot better. It just kills me when I hear a buddy tell me that he doesn't care anymore, he is going to come to work, do what they say, and wait for the check every couple of weeks. He is going to stop pointing out the flaws and offering solutions because it has cost him opportunities.

I love what I do, but we were doing it better a few years ago and we can do alot better than what we are doing now.

I am still in there fighting for truth, justice and the American way, but I would be less than truthful if I didn't say it is sometimes like fighting windmills. Me and my buddy Don....

BT