Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Don't Know Why I Leave...

Well, I returned from a great couple of weeks back home. While we drove that way, we flew back. I told my wife when we landed 1,300 miles later that if we had driven, we would be getting to Houston about now. She thought the short plane ride was great, I still like to drive cross country. It was probably better, because I am not quite sure that I could have crossed the Sabine River this time around.

I spent some time at the range with my brother and three Sigs, a 9mm Blackwater 226, a .40 Equinox 220, and .45ACP Stainless 220. Sigs are not my weapon of choice, but we shot the heck out of them and they all performed flawlessly. The groups were very tight. Of these, the .45 ACP was my favorite as it fit my hand very well and of course all real men prefer .45s. I also shot a Taurus PT-22 that spends some time in my pocket. It shot very tight as well, 10 rounds all in the head of a B27 at 10 yds. Not bad for a weapon with basically no sights. The last round did fail to feed, but I have to admit that the ammo was probably 13 years old.

I have shared some photos of what I did on my Summer vacation. If you are interested, they were taken with a Cannon digital with a 10x optical/32x digital zoom. It is a great camera. I used Picasa to import the photos, but two didn't make it for some reason. I may just put out a photo post after this because I took a bunch of pics. You can see why it is so hard to return to work and I really like what I do. Let me tell you anytime you have have a good botana platter and finish the evening with some Marble Slab, the day has been a success.

BT



The Beach at South Padre Island Texas


Time Well Spent...


Nature Knows Who is in Charge...

Las Primas at La Muñeca Ranch Posted by Picasa